Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Go Speed Racer

No matter how old you get you still find yourself in slight awe at the sight of a shiny firetruck with horns blaring and lights ablaze. The sight evokes a sense of reverence and intrigue. With that being said I saw something funny the other day that I have to share.
I was sitting at an intersection waiting for this fire truck to come through the intersection. I could see him approaching. He was barrelling down the street toward the intersection with exceptional speed, instead of approaching in the cautious nature that i am used to. As he gets to the corner he hangs a right turn and swings the corner hard, ridiculously hard. There was no breaking or hesistation as he rounded the corner. He swung it like he was driving a go-kart instead of a several ton vehicle with passengers. I got a look at the expression on the driver's face as he wheeled the red beast around the corner. It was look of utter amusement, like he was driving a go-kart or Porshe. The poor guy who was riding in the position just behind the cab was flailing about trying to hang on. I had to laugh to myself.

No comments: